Wednesday, 17 April 2013

Priorities

Priority Number One
 
 
 
"And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ" Philippians 1: 9-10 
 


There are so many important things that demand our time and attention everyday in our lives. There is work, full-time study,, routine of running a home, education of our children, church etc. I know for me, at the moment, my kids are studying for their Cambridge exams next month and I have to have an operation. To co-ordinate our travels, place to stay (as it is a way out of town), all while my husband has to work and he cant really help me, is weighing heavy. These are but a few demands made on ones time and strength. I'm sure you have your own list of issues that sap everything out of you.

Nevertheless, we are called to a determination of our own priorities - the essential issues in life. We should be able to place 'first things first' in our lives.

God is the First and the Last; from Him and through Him and to Him are All things. Therefore the position of God is the essential issue. He must claim the highest priority in our lives. Not because He has the right but because He will increase the quality of our lives. If He is first in your life, He will also affect other areas of your life which are subject to Him, to His Glory and to your immeasurable advantage.

Honour God with your time, your talents, your possessions, your plans and in my case, the mountain we have to climb next month. You see, to me it is a mountain but for God it is a mole hill and if I hand it to Him, He will take care of it. How awesome is that! Allow His spirit to rule all areas of your life. Then you will make an exciting discovery that when God is first in your life, all the other issues are seen in the right perspective. This will give you peace. Ask Him to teach you, to put Him first in your life and to Sit At His Feet.




2 comments :

  1. Hi! I just found your blog and am now following (love your header and name!) I invite you to visit and say 'hi' :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan

      Thanks for stopping by and following. I will definitely stop by and say hi. Thank you very much for the compliment.
      Tosca

      Delete